Festive Christmas Granola
Cranberries, ginger, cinnamon and cloves … this festive Christmas granola combines all of the wonderful smells and tastes of Christmas.
This recipe is super simple to make and is guaranteed to make your house smell like Christmas (Pro tip: We highly recommend baking this on Christmas morning to make your home smell amazing!).
This festive granola also makes a great edible Christmas gift, hamper or stocking stuffer!
Festive Christmas Granola Recipe
Makes 500g (3 to 4 serves)
You will need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raw mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ground clove
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg white (Keep the yolk to add to your eggs, a frittata, or a Caesar dressing!)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees and line a flat baking tray with baking paper
- In two separate bowls, mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl, and the wet ingredients together in the other. Lightly whisk the wet ingredients with a fork to create some bubbles in the egg white.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients in the bigger bowl of the two and mix thoroughly so all ingredients are evenly coated. Place evenly onto the lined baking tray and place into the oven
- Cook for 25 minutes, gently mixing and turning over the mixture halfway.
- Allow to cool completely before eating – this lets the granola become crunchy & granola-ey!
Looking for some more delicious recipes for your Christmas celebrations? We have more recipes here.
Recipe by Charlotte @TheNuttyGritty