Zucchini, Pea & Feta Fritters
If you like your fritters crispy then you are going to LOVE this Zucchini, Pea and Feta Fritters recipe! These crispy zucchini fritters make a great breakfast, lunch, starter or side dish.
They are a great way to use up all those summer zucchinis that will soon be taking over gardens, off loaded by family and friends or sitting in the bottom of the fridge patiently waiting to be used up. A guaranteed favourite!
- 3 small (or 2 large) zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup flour
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 spring onions (green and white parts)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful of fresh mint
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Grate the zucchini and place it in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Leave it to sit for 10 minutes to remove excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peas, garlic, flour, eggs, onions, mint, feta and salt/pepper. Squeeze out the excess moisture from the zucchini (give it a few good squeezes) using your hands or a chux cloth. Add the zucchini into the bowl and give it a good mix.
- In a pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil. Once it has heated, add in a scoop of the fritter batter. Leave them to cook until golden on one side, or until bubbles appear on the uncooked side. This is a signal to turn them over! Once you turn them over, you can flatten them a bit. I would do 3 or 4 at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Once they are cooked and golden on both sides, transfer them to a plate and they’re good to go!
Recipe by Charlotte from @TheNuttyGritty