A Spring Salad: Pea and Farro Salad with Honey Roasted Walnuts, Goat's Cheese & Herbs.
The key to a delicious salad recipe is having a balance of textures and flavours; think sweet yet salty, smooth yet crunchy. This spring salad recipe ticks all of those boxes! It is the perfect salad recipe for your next spring lunch, picnic or dinner party.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cube of goats cheese (or to your liking)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Small handful of parsley and mint, chopped
- 2 parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 part Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add the walnuts, honey, cardamom and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix to coat evenly and spread across the baking tray. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Once removed and cooled, roughly chop them to the desired size.
- Prepare the farro according to packet instructions.
- Finely chop the parsley and mint, leaving some smaller leaves as a garnish.
- In a jar, add all of the dressing ingredients, apply the lid & shake to combine
- Now combine all of the ingredients! Add the farro, peas, herbs and walnuts. Give it a good mix then crumble over the goat’s cheese and garnish herbs. Serve with the dressing.
Recipe by Charlotte @TheNuttyGritty