Veggie Nachos with all the sides
The key to delicious veggie nachos is to make sure you get a bite of all the delicious toppings and flavours with each bite. Make sure to spread the veggie chilli between each layer of corn chips for ultimate satisfaction.
For the veggie chilli:
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Taco spice mix
- (or make your own: 2 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp dried oregano)
- 1 x 400g canned beans (e.g. red kidney, black, cannellini, chickpeas)
- 1 x 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
For the nachos:
- Corn Chips
- Diced avocado or Guacamole
- Sour cream or Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 capsicum, diced
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes, diced
How to make:
- Saute red onion in olive oil until softened. Add taco spice and mix until combined.
- Add drained canned beans. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 mins, or until your desired consistency has been achieved. Set aside.
- Build your Nachos:
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Spread in alternating layers your corn chips and veggie chilli. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cheese has melted
- Add your toppings – sour cream/greek yoghurt, avocado, sliced jalapenos, capsicum and tomatoes.
- You can use the veggie chilli to also make burritos or buritto bowls, just swap the corn chips for a tortilla or rice.
- You could also add finely diced mushrooms, carrots and zucchini to the bean mixture if you would like to make extra for a delicious lunch the next day.