One Tray Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
This juicy honey soy chicken recipe is the perfect solution for a quick & easy weeknight dinner. Mix together a super flavourful and sticky honey and soy sauce, throw it all in a pan and bake – it’s as simple as that. A guaranteed crowd pleasure.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
Honey soy sauce:
- 1/3 cup salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- As many garlic cloves as you like
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp shao Xing cooking wine (optional)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce
- Remove chicken from the packaging and place straight into a baking dish
- Pour the honey soy sauce over the chicken in the baking dish, ensuring each piece of chicken is coated.
- Cover tray with foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and cook uncovered for 25 minutes. Baste the chicken using a spoon or brush every 5 or so minutes. With 5 minutes to go, sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Once golden and crispy, remove from the oven and serve!
- Add in some broccolini, sliced carrot and snow peas in the last 10 minutes of baking for a quick side dish
- Serve with any grain of choice e.g. brown rice and quinoa cup, rice or noodles for a filling meal