Simple Roast Veggies
As we move from warming winter meals to fresh, vibrant spring dishes, a humble staple that is perfect for all seasons is simple roasted veggies. All you need are your favourite veggies, herbs and spices of your liking and some extra virgin olive oil. Here I chose to bake some pumpkin, cauli and sweet potato, but be guided by the seasons and your own preferences. Roasted vegetables are a great addition to any meal and, in my opinion, even better as a snack throughout the day!
Prepping time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- ½ Pumpkin
- ¼ Cauliflower
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 Garlic bulb
- 1 Carrot
- Mixed herbs (oregano, Italian herbs, parsley etc)
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Chop up your veggies and lay them evenly in a baking dish. If you are using garlic, cut it lengthways, keeping the skin on, and place in the dish.
- Drizzle over olive oil, salt, pepper and any herbs you love.
- Roast for 45 minutes, checking on the veg halfway and turning them over to roast evenly.
- Once ready, squeeze out the garlic from the skin and enjoy!
Recipe by Charlotte from @TheNuttyGritty