Raspberry and Dark Choc Muffins
There is something unique about baking muffins from scratch – the aroma, the taste and the way it makes me feel. What better way to end your weekend, then cooking these delightful muffins to snack on throughout the week, or as a gift to a loved one.
Serves: Makes 6 individual muffins
Prepping time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 egg, whisked before adding
- 1/2 cup of sugar (any type- brown, white, honey, syrup)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup milk (any type)
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1/2 block of choc, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl, until they become pale and creamy.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl with the eggs, and mix until all ingredients are just combined.
- Add in raspberries and dark chocolate chunks, and mix through gently.
- Line the muffin moulds with oil, butter or muffin liners and place the batter into each one.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. To check if they are cooked through, place a skewer or knife into the muffin, if it comes out clean it’s cooked!
Recipe by Charlotte @TheNuttyGritty