Honey, Apple and Almond Galette
A delicious flaky and crisp pastry, topped with fresh, sweet apples, this Honey, Apple and Almond Galette recipe is simple enough to make in a pinch for a weeknight dessert, and impressive enough to bring out for guests.
Get creative and experiment with fruits that are in season. Berries and juicy stone fruits e.g. plums and peaches will work beautifully as well.
Honey, Apple and Almond Galette Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 apple
- 2 tbsp raw almonds, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp honey
- Puff pastry, thawed
- ½ tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, whisked
- Ice cream to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut your apple in half (from top to bottom), and then in quarters, cutting away the seed also. Thinly slice your apple into half circle shapes, place into a bowl and drizzle over the 1 tbsp of honey. Mix to evenly coat the apple.
- Roll out your pastry, dusting with a light layer of flour. Cut out your desired size, and use a rolling pin, a wine bottle or something heavy to roll the pastry a little bit.
- Place pastry onto baking tray, and layer over the sliced apple, leaving 2cm around the edges for folding inwards.
- After you have placed the apple, sprinkle over the chopped almonds. Fold the pastry edges inwards. Using a pastry brush, brush the whisked egg over the pastry edges (this will make it nice and shiny).
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until nice and crispy.
- Serve with ice cream and a drizzle of honey.
Recipe by Charlotte @TheNuttyGritty
Find more delicious recipes here.