Quick & Easy Snack Plate
Strapped for time? Running out of snack ideas? Or haven’t had the time to restock the kitchen? Snack plates could be the solution you’re looking for ✅
Building a snack plate makes for a super simple and satisfying snack. Just pick out some of your favourite snack foods (or the various odds and ends you have in the kitchen) and place them in a container or plate/board. Try to include a source of protein, fat and carbohydrate to make for a satisfying snack. You can prepare it in the morning or the night before so you’ve got a snack plate ready to-go for those busy days!
You can make it as fancy or simple as you desire! Some inspo:
- Cheese slices or cubes
- Dips e.g. Hummus, guacamole
- Hard boiled egg
- Deli meat e.g. prosciutto, ham or turkey slices
- Raw vegetables e.g. cucumber, carrot, capsicums
- Grainy crackers or crispbreads
- Fresh or dried fruit e.g. strawberries, apple, prunes
- Nut and seed mix
- Muesli or granola bar
Example Snack Plate
- 1 apple
- 1 cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- Handful of seedy crackers
- 3 slices of your favourite cheese
- 2 tablespoons of dip (or 1 tbsp of two types of dip)
- A sprinkling of herbs and/or spices
- Wash and cut up your fruit and veg. Cut up the cheese and grab a handful of crackers. Place all ingredients on a plate or platter.
- Add the dip to the plate/platter and sprinkle over herbs, such as mint and oregano or spices, like paprika or cumin to add some extra flavour!
Recipe by Charlotte @TheNuttyGritty
Find more delicious recipe ideas here!