Roast Pumpkin & Haloumi Salad with Crunchy Chickpeas
This Roast Pumpkin & Haloumi Salad with Crunchy Chickpeas is sure to impress!
With a balance of textures and flavours; sweet yet salty, soft yet crunchy, this Roast Pumpkin & Haloumi Salad ticks all the boxes for a delicious and satisfying salad!
It’s great as a meal on it’s own or as a delicious side dish.
Roast Pumpkin & Haloumi Salad with Crunchy Chickpeas Recipe:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp turmeric ground
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 packet of haloumi, sliced
- A few handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp caramelized balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Add 1 cup of couscous and 1 cup of boiling water into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Chop your pumpkin into chunks (skin on for more fibre and less wastage). Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Place the seeds evenly spread out on a baking tray, with honey and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Place the pumpkin chunks onto another baking tray, add 1 tbsp olive oil, turmeric, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Place both trays into the preheated oven. Cook the seeds for 8 minutes, and the pumpkin chunks for 35 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with paper towel. Place into another baking dish and season the salt, pepper, paprika and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix to combine and place into the oven with the pumpkin for 25 minutes. Alternatively, you could add the chickpeas into an air fryer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Slice your haloumi width-ways and place onto a frying pan on low-medium heat. Cook evenly on each side, until lightly brown and caramelised. Set aside.
- Assemble your salad; start with the baby spinach, couscous, add the pumpkin chunks, haloumi and sprinkle over the roast pumpkin seeds and chickpeas.
- For a dressing, combine the olive oil, caramelised balsamic, Dijon mustard and combine in a mixing bowl or jar. Pour over the salad or serve aside.