Baked Stone Fruit
A super simple summer dessert making the most of juicy nectarines, plums and peaches while they are in their seasonal glory.
By baking stone fruit, the natural sugars melt into a delicious thick caramel syrup – perfect to be scooped on top of your favourite vanilla ice cream for a quick & easy summertime dessert!
Pro tip: serve leftover baked stone fruit (if there are any…) on top of porridge or yoghurt and granola for a delicious breakfast. You can also get super creative and add a crumble on top for a delightful baked stone fruit crumble.
Baked Stone Fruit Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 nectarines
- 2 peaches
- 2 plums
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 170 °C.
- Cut all fruit in half, discarding the stone.
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, sugar and vanilla extract and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Place cut fruit into a baking dish and drizzle over the lemon juice mixture. Gently toss the fruit to ensure each piece is evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and serve with a dollop of yoghurt, cream or ice cream. You could also add this to porridge, cereal or muesli.
Recipe by Charlotte @TheNuttyGritty
Find more recipes here ✨